Huron SubStation

Listed as Historic Cultural Monument #404 by the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission as the Los Angeles Railway Huron Substation, the building was built in 1906 from a design by engineer Edward S. Cobb. It is the second oldest surviving substation in the city which housed equipment to convert high-voltage electricity supplied by the Edison Company to the 600 volts current used by the L.A. Railways “Yellow Cars,” providing urban transportation for many years.
Address
2640 Huron St.
Los Angeles, California 90065
Website
http://www.huronsubstation.com
Phone Numbers
(323) 225-8909 main
(800) 650-1522 fax

Huron SubStation can be found in the following categories: